[Rdo-list] Request for testing: CentOS-7-x86_64 Generic Cloud image

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Wed Aug 27 17:54:31 UTC 2014

Image works well on CERN OpenStack (KVM), cloud-init set the hostname and did the disk extension. yum fastest mirror found the CERN repo.

Tim

On 27 Aug 2014, at 19:21, Arash Kaffamanesh <ak at cloudssky.com<mailto:ak at cloudssky.com>> wrote:

added the image to glance on havana with:

glance image-create --name "CentOS 7 Generic Cloud 20140826" --container-format bare --disk-format qcow2 --file CentOS-7-x86_64-GenericCloud-20140826_02.qcow2 --is-public True

and fired an instance on horion, the instance is up, can access it through the console, but can't ping it.

any ideas?

Thx!

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 6:48 PM, Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com<mailto:rbowen at redhat.com>> wrote:

On 08/27/2014 12:18 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>Once you're producing images on a regular basis, it would be nice to
>have a "-latest" symlink so that we don't need to update the images page
>every week.
right, that exists - the same name minus the datestamp is a symlink (
but dont use those yet! ).

Is there value in having -latest in there ? I just truncated the date,
so its always the same. If having -latest better communicates the state
of the image, then we can add that in.

Nope, I don't really care what the file name is, as long as it doesn't change from week to week. :-)

Thanks!

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com<mailto:rbowen at redhat.com>
OpenStack Community Liaison