[Rdo-list] RDO forum updates and spam

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Wed Sep 4 20:26:24 UTC 2013

Over the last two weeks we've made a couple of changes in how the RDO
forum is set up. A misconfiguration of Varnish was causing the client IP
address to not get passed to the back-end. This was, in turn, foiling
counter-spam measures. So, we fixed that, and also added a
counter-spam-bot measure on the forums. This has, at least for now,
defeated the spam attack that we'd been having for the past few weeks.
We haven't seen any new spam since those changes.

Many thanks to the folks who stepped up to moderate the forum during the
worst of it.

--
Rich Bowen
OpenStack Community Liaison