[Rdo-list] F19 + RDO Havana = No dashboard?

Julie Pichon jpichon at redhat.com
Thu Oct 31 09:43:16 UTC 2013

Hi Lars,

"Lars Kellogg-Stedman" <lars at redhat.com> wrote:
> I'm running RDO Havana on Fedora 19, when trying to connect to Horizon
> I get:
>
>     Something went wrong!
>
>     An unexpected error has occurred. Try refreshing the page. If that
>     doesn't help, contact your local administrator.
>
> There's nothing in either the apache error log or in the horizon log
> (which suggests we need to improve logging...but that's a separate
> issue).
>
> If I set DEBUG=True in /etc/openstack-dashboard/local_settings,
> suddenly horizon starts working.
>
> I'd appreciate any debugging ideas.

As you discovered this was due to ALLOWED_HOSTS not being set. Both this
and the logging issue should get fixed with this patch [0] proposed to
packstack, which includes the latest updates to the local settings recently
merged in puppet-horizon.

In the meantime to get useful logs, you can update the LOGGING dictionary to
match the one suggested upstream [1] (the 'django' logger missing + logging
levels not being set was the issue).

Hope this helps,

Julie

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/54606