[Rdo-list] [rhos-list] Openstack Grizzly upgrade to Havana

Dan Smith dansmith at redhat.com
Mon Oct 21 18:44:55 UTC 2013

> Any idea how cells would fit into this ?

I don't, no. I would love to get to the point where Cells helps the
upgrade story, by supporting upgrade of individual cells, or adding a
new cell of Havana to make the situation I described easier to deploy.
However, I don't think enough people outside the CD camp are using, and
specifically, *contributing* to cells to make this a reality.

> Trying to work out the upgrade order for the Nova API cells vs the
> compute cells is one of our open questions....

Yeah, I don't think I have anything to offer for this at the moment. The
objects work we're doing upstream to make this work for nova itself will
definitely help make this a reality, but I think the relatively small
number of people deploying (and again, contributing to) cells means this
doesn't get a lot of attention :(

--Dan