[rdo-users] OpenStack PackStack fails to install in DELL360 PowerEdge

Amey Abhyankar sco1984 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 16:01:46 UTC 2021

Hello Yatin,

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 at 14:17, YATIN KAREL <yatinkarel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Amey,

>snip<
> Instead of trying all releases, let's stick to one and collect logs to understand the issue, I would suggest you to try packsack default installation with openstack-victoria release, and if it fails >collect logs that i asked in previous mail.
When there are no proper errors, it is difficult to troubleshoot.
Finally the issue is resolved.
It was due to the warning of SMT [1] while installing CentOS.
I disabled the logical CPU's in BIOS > Installed CentOS 7 > Installed
packstack Train > All good.
But now I have half of the CPU threads available for use.
Very strange issue BTW of SMT + CentOS kernel + PackStack

[1] access.redhat.com/solutions/rhel-smt