[rdo-users] Creation of Compute instance always fails on RDO openstack

Javier Pena jpena at redhat.com
Fri Oct 2 08:52:46 UTC 2020

> I'm running a centos 7 VM. On that VM I have installed RDO openstack.

> I'm able to instantiate a network. However when I create Compute Instances,
> I'm constantly getting this error message -

> Appreciate your help with this.
> Thanks

Hi Tony,

I have been running some local tests, and I think the reason you are getting this failure is because of an error in the image used to start the VM.

You can try downloading a new image, uploading it using the Compute -> Images menu, and then use that new image for your instance.

Regards,
Javier