[rdo-users] Rdo train to ussuri upgrade

Alfredo Moralejo Alonso amoralej at redhat.com
Mon Nov 30 14:07:58 UTC 2020

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 2:08 PM Ignazio Cassano <ignaziocassano at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Alfredo,
> sorry for my mistake.
> I wrote "Looking at rdo repo, seems ussuri packages are available for
> centos 7" instead of
> "Looking at rdo repo, seems train packages are available for centos 8"
> Have you ever tried ?

No, I didn't do an actual upgrade but it should be possible to just
reinstall OS controller by controller, install required packages, configure
and keep working with same database for train. For compute nodes, you
should be able to evacuate and reinstall.

The details will depend on how you deploy it, deployment tools and layout,
how and where you run the database, etc...