[rdo-users] [rdo][ussuri][TripleO][nova][kvm] libvirt.libvirtError: internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor

Ruslanas Gžibovskis ruslanas at lpic.lt
Wed Jun 24 09:18:18 UTC 2020

Hi Alfredo,

Compute nodes are baremetal or virtualized?, I've seen similar bug reports
>> when using nested virtualization in other OSes.
>>
> baremetal. Dell R630 if to be VERY precise.

>> When using podman, the recommended way to restart containers is using
> systemd:
>

> https://docs.openstack.org/project-deploy-guide/tripleo-docs/latest/deployment/tips_tricks.html

Thank you, I will try. I also modified a file, and it looked like it
relaunched podman container once config was changed. Either way, if I
understand Linux config correctly, the default value for user and group is
root, if commented out:
#user = "root"
#group = "root"

also in some logs, I saw, that it detected, that it is not AMD CPU :) and
it is really not AMD CPU.

Just for fun, it might be important, here is how my node info looks.
  ComputeS01Parameters:
    NovaReservedHostMemory: 16384
    KernelArgs: "crashkernel=no rhgb"
  ComputeS01ExtraConfig:
    nova::cpu_allocation_ratio: 4.0
    nova::compute::libvirt::rx_queue_size: 1024
    nova::compute::libvirt::tx_queue_size: 1024
    nova::compute::resume_guests_state_on_host_boot: true