[rdo-users] Does Opentack Stein support RHEL8/8.1 for deployment?

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Sat Jan 25 19:25:00 UTC 2020

Redirecting to users list, users-owner is reaching list admins only.

On Fri, 24 Jan 2020, 07:06 Chaitanya Kumar <chaitanyakmv at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> As I'm testing to deploy RDO stein on RHEL 7.6 I can able to do without
> any issues. As I tried to install the smae on RHEL8.1 with the same steps
> followed based on documentation available here
> <https://docs.openstack.org/install-guide/openstack-services.html#minimal-deployment-for-stein> But
> I'm getting issues to download pre-requisites itself given
> <https://docs.openstack.org/install-guide/environment.html> bottom of the
> page .
> Need confirmation whether stein supports to deploy on RHEL8? Already the
> discussion is going on community
> <https://ask.openstack.org/en/question/125880/does-openstack-stein-support-rhel881/>
> still no official confirmation.

RDO is built on the CentOS community buildsystem where EL8 was only
recently enabled, so there isn't any official stable release yet.
There are RDO Trunk EL8 builds for CI since Train and Ussuri is planned to
be first RDO release on CentOS 8, see recent thread
https://lists.rdoproject.org/pipermail/users/2020-January/000659.html

Cheers,
Alan