[rdo-users] RDO with packstack --allinone on CentOS7

David Krovich dmkrovich at mix.wvu.edu
Tue Feb 25 04:19:21 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'm trying to use RDO with packstack on CentOS 7 by following the
instructions on this web page:

https://www.rdoproject.org/install/packstack/

Using that page I'm able to get OpenStack installed and can login via the
web interface with the provided credentials.

After logging into Openstack I jump to Compute->Images

I select the cirros image and click launch and go with the defaults and a
flavor of m1.tiny.  After trying to launch I get this error:

*Error: * Failed to perform requested operation on instance "cirros", the
instance has an error status: Please try again later [Error: Build of
instance 856109d4-fd3f-4ac8-8f2a-4d1e76ce97b0 aborted: Volume
0ad60a12-8f1f-4e4f-b631-2285f11a5f02 did not finish being created even
after we waited 6 seconds or 3 attempts. And its status is error.].

Any clues on how to fix or debug this further?