[rdo-users] Single Controller Environment in Victoria

James Hirst jdhirst12 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 10:58:30 UTC 2020

Hi Yatin,

Thank you for the confirmation! I re-enabled the pacemaker and haproxy
roles and I have been since digging into why HA has been failing and I am
seeing the following:

1. pacemaker.service won't start due to Corosync not running.
2. Corosync seems to be failing to start due to not having the
/etc/corosync/corosync.conf file as it does not exist.
3. The pcsd log file shows the following errors:
---
Config files sync started
Config files sync skipped, this host does not seem to be in a cluster of at
least 2 nodes
---
This is what originally led me to believe that it wouldn't work without a
proper HA environment with 3 nodes.

The overcloud deployment itself simply times out at "Wait for puppet host
configuration to finish". I saw that step_1 seems to be where things are
failing (due to pacemaker), and when running it manually, I am seeing the
following messages:

---
Debug: Executing: '/bin/systemctl is-enabled -- corosync'
Debug: Executing: '/bin/systemctl is-enabled -- pacemaker'
Debug: Executing: '/bin/systemctl is-active -- pcsd'
Debug: Executing: '/bin/systemctl is-enabled -- pcsd'
Debug: Exec[check-for-local-authentication](provider=posix): Executing
check '/sbin/pcs status pcsd controller 2>&1 | grep 'Unable to
authenticate''
Debug: Executing: '/sbin/pcs status pcsd controller 2>&1 | grep 'Unable to
authenticate''
Debug:
/Stage[main]/Pacemaker::Corosync/Exec[check-for-local-authentication]:
'/bin/echo 'local pcsd auth failed, triggering a reauthentication'' won't
be executed because of failed check 'onlyif'
Debug:
/Stage[main]/Pacemaker::Corosync/Exec[reauthenticate-across-all-nodes]:
'/sbin/pcs host auth controller.cloud.hirstgroup.net -u hacluster -p
oaJOCgGDxRfJ1dLK' won't be executed because of failed check 'refreshonly'
Debug:
/Stage[main]/Pacemaker::Corosync/Exec[auth-successful-across-all-nodes]:
'/sbin/pcs host auth controller.cloud.hirstgroup.net -u hacluster -p
oaJOCgGDxRfJ1dLK' won't be executed because of failed check 'refreshonly'
Debug: Exec[wait-for-settle](provider=posix): Executing check '/sbin/pcs
status | grep -q 'partition with quorum' > /dev/null 2>&1'
Debug: Executing: '/sbin/pcs status | grep -q 'partition with quorum' >
/dev/null 2>&1'
Debug: /Stage[main]/Pacemaker::Corosync/Exec[wait-for-settle]/unless:
Error: error running crm_mon, is pacemaker running?
Debug: /Stage[main]/Pacemaker::Corosync/Exec[wait-for-settle]/unless:
Could not connect to the CIB: Transport endpoint is not connected
Debug: /Stage[main]/Pacemaker::Corosync/Exec[wait-for-settle]/unless:
crm_mon: Error: cluster is not available on this node
Debug: /Stage[main]/Pacemaker::Corosync/Exec[wait-for-settle]/returns: Exec
try 1/360
Debug: Exec[wait-for-settle](provider=posix): Executing '/sbin/pcs status |
grep -q 'partition with quorum' > /dev/null 2>&1'
Debug: Executing: '/sbin/pcs status | grep -q 'partition with quorum' >
/dev/null 2>&1'
Debug: /Stage[main]/Pacemaker::Corosync/Exec[wait-for-settle]/returns:
Sleeping for 10.0 seconds between tries
Debug: /Stage[main]/Pacemaker::Corosync/Exec[wait-for-settle]/returns: Exec
try 2/360
Debug: Exec[wait-for-settle](provider=posix): Executing '/sbin/pcs status |
grep -q 'partition with quorum' > /dev/null 2>&1'
Debug: Executing: '/sbin/pcs status | grep -q 'partition with quorum' >
/dev/null 2>&1'
Debug: /Stage[main]/Pacemaker::Corosync/Exec[wait-for-settle]/returns:
Sleeping for 10.0 seconds between tries
---

How does the corosync.conf file get created? Is it related to the pcsd
error saying that config sync can't proceed due to the cluster not having a
minimum of two members?

Thanks,
James H