[rdo-users] How to Install Your Own Cloud Platform with OpenStack in RHEL/CentOS 7 with RDO

Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming ceo at teo-en-ming-corp.com
Mon May 6 13:19:45 UTC 2019

-----Original Message-----
From: Javier Pena <jpena at redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, 6 May 2019 6:14 PM
To: users at lists.rdoproject.org
Cc: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming <ceo at teo-en-ming-corp.com>
Subject: Re: [rdo-users] How to Install Your Own Cloud Platform with OpenStack in RHEL/CentOS 7 with RDO

----- Original Message -----
> Subject/Topic: How to Install Your Own Cloud Platform with OpenStack
> in RHEL/CentOS 7 with RDO
>
> Good morning from Singapore,
>
> I found the following tutorials/articles/how-to guides from tecmint.com.
>
> (1) How to Install Your Own Cloud Platform with OpenStack in
> RHEL/CentOS 7
>
> Link:
> https://www.tecmint.com/openstack-installation-guide-rhel-centos/
>
> (2) How to Configure OpenStack Network to Enable Access to OpenStack
> Instances
>
> Link: https://www.tecmint.com/openstack-networking-guide/
>
> Do these articles show us the official or standard way to install our
> own cloud platform with OpenStack in RHEL/CentOS 7 with RDO?
>
> Thank you very much for your advice.

Hi,

Those articles are a bit outdated (they mention RDO Mitaka), and make a risky recommendation like disabling SELinux.

For an official guide, you can check https://www.rdoproject.org/use/, which provides initial instructions to deploy RDO using Packstack (ok for quick proof of concept environments) and TripleO (better suited for production clouds).

Some time ago I wrote a couple blog posts about deployments with Packstack, which might be useful if you want to play around with it:

- https://jpenatech.wordpress.com/2016/02/23/creating-a-home-openstack-lab-with-rdo-and-a-couple-spare-laptops/
- https://jpenatech.wordpress.com/2016/03/15/you-have-a-user-in-a-shiny-new-openstack-cloud-now-what/

Regards,
Javier

-----BEGIN REPLY-----

Dear Javier,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I will check out the official guide and your blog posts soon.

------END REPLY-----

-----BEGIN EMAIL SIGNATURE-----

The Gospel for all Targeted Individuals (TIs):

[The New York Times] Microwave Weapons Are Prime Suspect in Ills of
U.S. Embassy Workers

Link: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/01/science/sonic-attack-cuba-microwave.html

Singaporean Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming's Academic
Qualifications as at 14 Feb 2019

[1] https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com/

[2] https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.sg/

[3] https://www.scribd.com/user/270125049/Teo-En-Ming