[rdo-users] 503 Service Unavailable

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Fri Jul 19 22:16:55 UTC 2019

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 1:39 AM Andreas Kasenides <
andreas.kasenides at cs.ucy.ac.cy> wrote:

> Apologies if I have confused two different things. It is because I have
> not seen the second yet :)
> My understanding now is that there are two UI's :
> TripleO UI described in the TripleO install manual here:
> https://docs.openstack.org/tripleo-docs/latest/install/basic_deployment/basic_deployment_ui.html
> Horizon for the Overcloud.
>
> What I was referring to was the first one, TripleO UI, which does not
> exist any more even if I specifically request an install using enable_ui =
> true. Note that enable_ui = true IS STILL the default in undercloud.conf.
> There is no mention of being deprecated in the manual. The undercloud.conf
> wording is rather confusing as to what is being deprecated: 1) the
> enable_ui option or 2) the entire UI?
> # DEPRECATED: Whether to install the TripleO UI. (boolean value)
> # This option is deprecated for removal.
> # Its value may be silently ignored in the future.
> #enable_ui = true
>
> If what I am saying is correct then, why has it been deprecated? Is there
> an alternative? It was a very useful tool.

TripleO UI was deprecated due to lack of overall adoption and due to the
complexities we've been carrying to support it.  As previously mentioned it
was deprecated in stein and while it still is set to true in the
undercloud.conf, that actually will just remove it's installation if it
exists (to handle removal from Rocky via an upgrade).  It has officially
been removed as part of the current (Train) cycle.  The code was released
in stein and you could put it back if you want, however it won't be
available as of Train so it is not recommended to continue to use it.

https://review.opendev.org/#/c/640196/

I'm unsure why the release notes were not generated for stein (I couldn't
find them on releases.o.o).