[rdo-users] [TripleO] Scaling custom roles with Pacemaker managed services

Cody codeology.lab at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 17:22:34 UTC 2018

Hello there,

I have another question about scaling TripleO.

According to the TripleO documentation for RHOPS 13/Queens [1], "you
cannot scale up or scale down a custom role that contains
OS::TripleO::Services::Pacemaker or
OS::TripleO::Services::PacemakerRemote services."

Does that only apply to the role itself or the pcmk-managed services
within the role? For instance, if I already have 3 nodes running DB
and messaging services with a composable HA role, can I later create
another custom role just to scale up the messaging service again?

Thank you very much!

[1] https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_openstack_platform/13/html/advanced_overcloud_customization/roles#sect-Composable_Services-Guidelines

Regards,
Cody