[rdo-users] Which repos for RDO

Haïkel Guémar hguemar at redhat.com
Tue Oct 23 12:21:53 UTC 2018

On 23/10/2018 14:07, Andreas Kasenides wrote:
> Hi all. Fairly new to RDO/Openstack.
>
> I have been reading around and the abundance of distributions/REPOS for
> Openstack is overwhelming and rather confusing to me. I would like to do
> a production install with undercloud/overcloud methods and following the
> RDO stable releases.
>
> Which REPOS do I need to enable in order to get started?
>
> I would appreciate a helping hand since my first install was not
> successful and reading the TripleO docs
> (http://tripleo.org/install/installation/installation.html#installing-the-undercloud)
> does not match the RDO releases. Or does it?
>
> Thank you
>
> --
> Andreas Kasenides
> Senior IT Officer
> Dept. of Computer Science,
> University of Cyprus

Well, we provide packages that will setup everything for you:
* RHEL: https://www.rdoproject.org/repos/rdo-release.rpm (alias to
latest release package)
* CentOS: yum install centos-release-openstack-rocky from CentOS extras

Do not enable EPEL as this repository conflicts with ours, and there's
no simple way to fix these.

Regards,
H.