[rdo-users] [tripleo][cinder][horizon]Unable to use Cinder volume as _member_ or member in Horizon

Tzach Shefi tshefi at redhat.com
Mon Oct 15 12:30:35 UTC 2018

Hey Cody,

Sorry for delay, just getting back up to speed.
I just checked on my Rocky (OPSD) deployment same issue with
Cinder/Horizon.
In my case I created a new project/user (as _member_)
Creating an empty volume fails with same errors you reported:
Error: Unable to retrieve volumes
Error: Unable to retrieve volume snapshots

Checking with folks here, I'll get back to you with an answer.

Tzach

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 2:57 AM Cody <codeology.lab at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Lately I run into two problems with using TripleO to deploy OpenStack
> (Queens). One of them is that users with _member_ or member roles appear to
> be unable to use cinder-volume service via the Dashboard (Horizon).
>
> For any projects, users with either _member_ or member role received
> following pop-up error messages while trying to launch instances:
>
> Error: Unable to retrieve volumes
> Error: Unable to retrieve volume snapshots
>
> There is also no volume option to choose from the drop-down menu in the
> Source sector, although the bootable volume is present and publicly
> accessible.
>
> It doesn't affect the same users using CLI - they can create volumes or
> boot instances from volume normally from the command line.
>
> The issue is reproducible and consistent with varied cluster
> configurations and cinder backends (nfs, file, rbd).
>
> Has anyone else encountered the same experience?
>

> Best regards,
> Cody

Tzach Shefi

Senior Quality Engineer, RHCSA