[rdo-users] TripleO Documentation for Previous Releases

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Wed Oct 10 09:13:16 UTC 2018

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 12:02 AM Cody <codeology.lab at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'd like to check the TripleO Deployment Guide for the Queens release,
> but regardless what release I chose at docs.openstack.org, all TripleO
> guides are pointed to the same 'latest' version at
> https://docs.openstack.org/tripleo-docs/latest/install.

This is expected, at the moment we don't branch the tripleo-docs repo
for every stable release, to reduce the backport overhead of any docs
fixes.

Instead we use annotations which should be possible to filter using
the "Limit Environment Specific Content" option (that isn't actually
working for me but not sure if that's a bug or a browser issue):

https://docs.openstack.org/tripleo-docs/latest/#documentation-conventions

> This causes problems with some content. For example, the command to
> prepare for a local image repository on this page [1] isn't available
> for Queens and I had to refer to the Red Hat OPS 13 manual for the
> older command.
>
> Is there a way to find out release specific documentation for TripleO
> in a way like Openstack-Ansible?

This may be a bug in the docs due to
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/599462/ - I think perhaps we missed
adding stable branch annotations there but added Steve Baker on Cc to
clarify.

Thanks,

Steve Hardy