[rdo-users] Status of activities related to python3 PoC in RDO

Alfredo Moralejo Alonso amoralej at redhat.com
Fri May 18 11:02:28 UTC 2018

Hi,

One of the goals for RDO during this cycle is to carry out a PoC of python3
packaging using Fedora 28 as base OS. I'd like to update about the current
status about the tasks related to this goal so that all involved teams can
take required actions:

1. A initial stabilized fedora repos is available and ready to be used:
    - The repo configuration is in
https://trunk.rdoproject.org/fedora/dlrn-deps.repo
    - It contains only a subset of packages in Fedora 28 repo. If more
packages are required, they can be added sending a review to
fedora-stable-config repo, as in https://review.rdoproject.org/r/#/c/13744/
    - We are still implementing some periodic updates on that repo.

2. A DLRN builder has been created using fedora-stable repo in
https://trunk.rdoproject.org/fedora . Note that only packages with python3
subpackages are being built on it. We will keep adding new packages as
specs are ready.

3. A new image and node type rdo-fedora-stable have been created in
review.rdoproject.org and it's ready to be used in jobs as needed.

Please, let us know using this mail list or #rdo channel in freenode if you
need further help with regards with this topic.

Best regards,

Alfredo