[rdo-users] RHOSP 10 failed overcloud deployment

Anda Nicolae anicolae at lenovo.com
Tue Jan 30 13:06:46 UTC 2018

Hello,
As previously stated in my previous mail on this list , I am trying to deploy OpenStack 10 using OpenStack Platform Director 10.
I am using a bare-metal server with RedHat 7.4, on which I have created 3 VMs: 1st VM is the undercloud node, 2nd VM is the overcloud controller node and the 3rd VM is the overcloud compute node.
The bare-metal server I am using is also my KVM hypervisor for the overcloud.

I managed to provision my overcloud nodes and now I am stuck at performing overcloud deployment.
The command I am running is:
openstack --debug overcloud deploy --templates ~/templates --control-scale 1 --compute-scale 1 --control-flavor control --compute-flavor compute -e ~/templates/environments/network-isolation.yaml -e ~/templates/environments/network-environment.yaml --ntp-server pool.ntp.org --neutron-network-type vxlan --neutron-tunnel-types vxlan.

I connected via ssh with heat-admin user on my controller and compute nodes. I've run the following command to gather logs:
sudo journalctl -u os-collect-config

I think the problem is on my controller node, because I've noticed the following messages in the output of the above command:
os-collect-config[2996]: Source [ec2] Unavailable.
os-collect-config[2996]: /var/lib/os-collect-config/local-data not found. Skipping
os-collect-config[2996]: No local metadata found (['/var/lib/os-collect-config/local-data']

These messages repeat for various times in the output of the above command.

On my underclud VM, I've noticed that overcloud deployment remains stuck when running wait_for_stack_ready function from /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/tripleoclient/utils.py.

I also intend to add some logs in /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/os_collect_config/collect.py to see what causes the error message: Source [ec2] Unavailable

I think I have an error in my templates, but I don't figure out which yet. Do you know what may cause this?

Thanks,
Anda