[rdo-users] Newbie question: CentOS Cloud SIG vs RDO vs "centos-release-openstack-xxx"

Jan Gutter jan.gutter at netronome.com
Fri Jan 26 16:07:07 UTC 2018

Hi,

Apologies for asking an obviously newbie question here, but I got a bit
confused by the relationship between the CentOS Cloud SIG, RDO and the
repos enabled by installing "centos-release-openstack-<x>".

For example, I'm aware that upstream OpenStack is no longer supporting
Newton, but RHEL has support for RHOSP10 (based on Newton). I do see that
Newton's still listed on https://trunk.rdoproject.org/

Am I correct in assuming that the repos pointed to when a CentOS user
installs centos-release-openstack-<x> points to a set of packages that was
emitted from the RDO pipeline? Is this process manual or automated to some
degree?

In a semi-related question: I've hit an issue with an outdated
puppet-pacemaker package in the centos-release-openstack-newton repo that
prevents deployment. There's an "easy fix" available by promoting the pike
version of said package to the same repo, but if Newton's been sunset then
this question is moot.

Apologies for the meandering ramble, if you need more details on the last
issue I can provide them.

--
Jan Gutter
Embedded Networking Software Engineer

Netronome | First Floor Suite 1, Block A, Southdowns Ridge Office Park,
Cnr Nellmapius and John Vorster St, Irene, Pretoria, 0157
Phone: +27 (12) 665-4427 | Skype: jangutter |  www.netronome.com