[rdo-users] Rolling updates and reboots: Patching kernels with recent CPU CVEs

David Moreau Simard dms at redhat.com
Thu Jan 4 23:47:55 UTC 2018

Updates and reboots have been completed for the bulk of the servers part of
the RDO infrastructure, including (but not limited to):
- www.rdoproject.org
- lists.rdoproject.org
- review.rdoproject.org servers
- trunk build, database and repository servers
- registry.rdoproject.org
- logs.rdoproject.org
- images.rdoproject.org
- backup server

There has been little to no impact that I could tell throughout the process
of updating the servers:
- Some false alarm FTBFS from trunk.rdoproject.org during the updates
- Some TripleO jobs have had to be interrupted on review.rdoproject.org
(they were stuck >5hrs, for example)
- Some TripleO jobs from review.rdoproject.org may have had a heat stack
create failed after review.rdo was rebooted due to the amount of jobs
triggering simultaneously

Please let us know here or on #rdo if you notice anything unusual.

Thanks !

David Moreau Simard
Senior Software Engineer | OpenStack RDO

dmsimard = [irc, github, twitter]