[rdo-users] [all] Revisiting RDO Technical Definition of Done

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Tue Feb 27 23:33:33 UTC 2018

Hi all,

tomorrow is the release day for OpenStack Queens, so I wanted to bring
this thread to the conclusion!

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 12:16 PM, Alan Pevec <apevec at redhat.com> wrote:
> Proposal would be to redefine DoD as follows:
> - RDO GA release delivers RPM packages via CentOS Cloud SIG repos,
> built from pristine upstream source tarballs
> - CI promotion GA criteria is changed from Jenkins pipeline to the
> list of jobs running with RPM packages directly, initial set would be
> all weirdo jobs running in [3]

since we now have RDO release automation, CI promotion GA criteria is
"validate-buildsys-tags" job triggered by the rdoinfo update
e.g. Queens RC https://review.rdoproject.org/r/12644

> - TripleO jobs would not be part of RDO GA criteria since TripelO now
> requires containers which RDO will not ship.TripleO promotion CI will
> continue running with containers built with RDO Trunk packages.

Tomorrow we are releasing RDO OpenStack Queens release packages,
TripleO as a "cycle-trailing" project[*] will follow within the next two weeks.

Cheers,
Alan

[*] https://releases.openstack.org/reference/release_models.html#cycle-trailing