[rdo-users] Quickstart and containers

James LaBarre jlabarre at redhat.com
Thu Feb 15 23:01:09 UTC 2018

(meant to send this to the general list)

On 02/09/2018 01:03 PM, Boris wrote:

>     Пятница, 9 февраля 2018, 19:17 +03:00 от James LaBarre
>     <jlabarre at redhat.com>:
>
>     If I am trying to familiarize myself with the newer containerized
>     overcloud (Queens & upwards), is there a way to build a TripleO
>     Quickstart on a single node?
>
>    Due to I cannot any longer respond from  hotmail.com ( backup
> address is used )
>
>    1.
> https://www.anstack.com/blog/2018/01/05/tripleo-quickstart-cheatsheet.html
>    2. this one was done via F27 connection to VIRTHOST
>       http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/252059/index.html
>
>   I believe it might work in the way suggested by Carlos Camacho (1)
>
>   Boris.

I tried the script as suggest by Carlos Camacho that you linked above.
As user "stack" it would fail when it was running the teardown process,
and would kill the user task before it finished.

So as a test I ran it as root, and it went through the
provision/teardown steps, but in the process wiped out everything in the
/home/stack directory (and I think removed the user since I can no
longer log into it.

Using a combination of both instructions, I cloned the git repos locally
for tripleo-quickstart  tripleo-quickstart-extras tripleo-environments
tripleo-heat-templates tripleo-ui (needed the heat templates for Carlos'
directions).  I'll have to poke through the templates & see if I can
figure out more.

Used the commands:

export CONFIG=/home/stack/deploy-configHA.yaml
export VIRTHOST=127.0.0.2
export OOOtimestamp=`date +%Y%m%d_%H%M`

bash ./tripleo-quickstart/quickstart.sh --clean --release queens
--teardown all --tags all -e @$CONFIG $VIRTHOST |& tee
~/OOOlog_${OOOtimestamp}.txt