[rdo-users] TripleO installation failures

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Wed Dec 19 09:11:04 UTC 2018

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 8:41 AM Andreas Kasenides
<andreas.kasenides at cs.ucy.ac.cy> wrote:

> Thank you all. All comments very much appreciated. Here is how we attempt to install:
> - we start from a minimal CentOS 7 install, latest and updated on the undercloud machine
> - the network is pretty much standard from the manual and is available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x57_tmMU9yOaJlFFepn3-gNASTR-oI1R/view?usp=sharing
> - we follow closely the TripleO instal manual
> - repos are enabled with: sudo yum install centos-release-openstack-rocky

This may be the problem - you should use the tripleo-repos tool to
ensure the latest/correct RDO repos are enabled, I don't think we
document centos-release-openstack-rocky anywhere in the tripleo docs?

https://docs.openstack.org/tripleo-docs/latest/install/installation/installation.html#installing-the-undercloud