[rdo-users] [rdo-list] tunneling to Horizon

James LaBarre jlabarre at redhat.com
Tue Oct 31 13:38:11 UTC 2017

On 10/26/2017 04:05 PM, Wesley Hayutin wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 10:37 AM, James LaBarre <jlabarre at redhat.com
> <mailto:jlabarre at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 10/24/2017 01:14 PM, Wesley Hayutin wrote:
>>
>>     FYI.. I have confirmed this is working with the patches and
>>     dependencies in
>>     https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1722674
>>     <https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1722674>
>>
>>     The bug is updated with instructions on how to test w/ the
>>     unmerged code.
>>     The doc is updated as well.
>>
>>     Thanks all!
>
>     Would I need to completely remove the existing .quickstart
>     directory in order to run this, or can I update an existing
>     install?  (it didn't seen to work with an existing config, but I
>     might have done it wrong)
>

> If you want to update your .quickstart directory vs blow it away you
> can source ~/.quickstart/bin/activate and execute python setup.py
> install from tq and tqe to get the latest changes into the right
> locations.

With enough juggling (and figuring how to pull in patches) I can finally
access Horizon, both from the HW host that the quickstart is installed
on, as well as my laptop.

I would note, though, I connected through HW_host:8443.  I recall there
was also supposed to be a redirect to ports 8080 or 8181 (still trying
to find which went where, my memory never was what it used to be).  8443
works for me right now, I'll see if any other errors come up later.