[newsletter] November 2017 RDO Community Newsletter

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Wed Nov 1 16:35:39 UTC 2017

Having difficulty with the formatting of this message? See the message
online at http://rdoproject.org/newsletter/2017/november/

Thanks for being part of the RDO community!
Mailing list changes

You may notice that this email came with a different address this time.
There have been some changes to our mailing list setup that you will want
to know about.

This list - the RDO Community Newsletter - is now delivered to the address
newsletter at lists.rdoproject.org rather than the old
rdo-newsletter at redhat.com

The main rdo-list mailing list has been split into two lists -
dev at lists.rdoproject.org and users at lists.rdoproject.org - primarily in
order to make the users mailing list more welcoming to operators and users
of RDO, while the more technical development-centric discussion will take
place on the dev mailing list.

You don't need to do anything, if you want to keep receiving this
newsletter.

However, if you wish to post to either the dev list or the users list, you
will, of course, have to send to the new addresses.

manage your preferences there, too. You should have received a reminder
email on November 1st with information about logging into that site to
manage your preferences.
OpenStack Summit

Even as I write this, many members of the OpenStack community are already
traveling to Sydney, Australia, for OpenStack Summit
<http://openstack.org/summit>. This edition of the conference will be held
November 6th through 8th at the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre on
Darling Harbour.

RDO will have a booth, as part of Red Hat's event presence. We'll have ducks
<https://www.rdoproject.org/blog/2015/10/ducks/>, stickers, and the answers
to all of your questions. So please drop by!

We'll also be gathering at The Pumphouse on Tuesday evening to celebrate
another great release. You can sign up on Eventbrite
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rdo-social-at-the-pumphouse-tickets-38766394329>
attend. It's free, but we need registrations so we know how many to expect.
Test Day

With the Queens milestone 1 out, we're planning another test day,
tentatively scheduled for November 15th, once people are back from
OpenStack Summit. Watch the test day
<http://rdoproject.org/testday/queens/milestone1/> page for updated details
as we get closer to that date.

Test days are a way to ensure that, beyond the automated testing, new
releases work for the people that will be using them, in the scenarios
where they will use them. While automated testing catches almost
everything, there are sometimes individual differences in your particular
environment which may tickle some bug, or suggest a feature that needs to
be different.

So your participation in test day is a great service to the community, and
also gives you advance notice of what will be coming in the next release.

Hope to see you there, in the #RDO IRC channel, on Freenode, as we test
this next release.
Community meetings

Every Wednesday at 15:00 UTC, we have the weekly RDO community meeting on
the #RDO channel on Freenode IRC. The agenda for this meeting is posted
each week in a public etherpad
<https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/RDO-Meeting> and the minutes from the
meeting are posted on the RDO website
<https://www.rdoproject.org/community/community-meeting/>. If there's
something you'd like to see happen in RDO - a package that is missing, a
tool that you'd like to see included, or a change in how things are
governed - this is the best time and place to help make that happen.
Keep in touch

There's lots of ways to stay in in touch with what's going on in the RDO
community. The best ways are …
WWW

   - RDO <http://rdoproject.org/>
   - OpenStack Q&A <http://ask.openstack.org/>

Mailing Lists:

IRC

   - IRC - #rdo on Freenode.irc.net
   - Puppet module development - #rdo-puppet

Social Media

   - Follow us on Twitter <http://twitter.com/rdocommunity>
   - Google+ <http://tm3.org/rdogplus>
   - Facebook <http://facebook.com/rdocommunity>

Thanks again for being part of the RDO community!
Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
@rbowen // @rdocommunity // @CentOSProject
859 351 9166