[rdo-dev] Status of RDO Trunk Ussuri on CentOS 7 and transition to CentOS 8

Alfredo Moralejo Alonso amoralej at redhat.com
Thu Mar 12 19:18:55 UTC 2020

Hi,

Note that all pins related to python2 support removal have been removed
from RDO Trunk master (Ussuri) today [1].

What that means for RDO users?

- Some packages are now failing to build in
https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-master/report.html, this
centos7-master RDO Trunk repo will not be consistent again and it's
recommended that anyone using RDO Trunk for master/Ussuri in CentOS 7 to
move to CentOS 8 equivalent.
- Now RDO Trunk repo for CentOS 8 in master
https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos8-master/report.html is consistent and
following master branch or using versions defined in upper-constraints [2].
- Content in promoted repositories previously both for CentOS 7 and 8
should be unaffected by this change.
- There are still two projects still pinned (mistral and neutron) for other
unrelated issues, we'll keep working to get them unpinned as soon as
possible.
- This change has no impact in stable releases.

Please, let us know if you have any question or issue related to this.

Best regards,

Alfredo

[1]
https://review.rdoproject.org/r/#/q/topic:unpin-py2+(status:open+OR+status:merged)