[rdo-dev] [tripleo] missing centos-8 rpms for kolla builds

Alfredo Moralejo Alonso amoralej at redhat.com
Fri Jan 24 19:20:37 UTC 2020

Hi,

We were given access to CBS to build centos8 dependencies a couple of days
ago and we are still in the process of re-bootstraping it. I hope we'll
have all that is missing in the next days.

See my comments below.

Best regards,

Alfredo

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 7:21 PM Wesley Hayutin <whayutin at redhat.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I know the ceph repo is in progress.
> TripleO / RDO is not releasing opendaylight
>
> Can the RDO team comment on the rest of the missing packages here please?
>
> Thank you!!
>
> https://review.opendev.org/#/c/699414/9/kolla/image/build.py
>
>  NOTE(mgoddard): Mark images with missing dependencies as unbuildable for
>     # CentOS 8.
>     'centos8': {
>         "barbican-api",          # Missing uwsgi-plugin-python3

We'll take care of uwsgi.

>         "ceph-base",             # Missing Ceph repo
>         "cinder-base",           # Missing Ceph repo
>         "collectd",              # Missing collectd-ping and
>                                  # collectd-sensubility packages

About collectd and sensu, Matthias already replied from OpsTools side

>         "elasticsearch",         # Missing elasticsearch repo
>         "etcd",                  # Missing etcd package

Given that etcd is not longer in CentOS base (it was in 7), I guess we'll
take care of etcd unless some other sig is building it as part of k8s
family.

>         "fluentd",               # Missing td-agent repo

See Matthias reply.

>         "glance-base",           # Missing Ceph repo
>         "gnocchi-base",          # Missing Ceph repo
>         "hacluster-base",        # Missing hacluster repo

That's an alternative repo for HA related packages for CentOS:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/ha-clustering:/Stable/CentOS_CentOS-7/

Which still does not provide packages for centos8.

Note that centos8.1 includes pacemaker, corosync and pcs in
HighAvailability repo. Maybe it could be used instead of the current one.

>         "ironic-conductor",      # Missing shellinabox package

shellinabox is epel. It was never used in tripleo containers, it's really
required?

>         "kibana",                # Missing elasticsearch repo

We never provided elasticsearch in the past, is consumed from elasticsearch
repo iirc

>         "manila-share",          # Missing Ceph repo
>         "mongodb",               # Missing mongodb and mongodb-server
> packages

Mongodb was retired from RDO time ago as it was not longer the recommended
backend for any service. In CentOS7 is pulled from EPEL.

>         "monasca-grafana",       # Using python2
>         "nova-compute",          # Missing Ceph repo
>         "nova-libvirt",          # Missing Ceph repo
>         "nova-spicehtml5proxy",  # Missing spicehtml5 package

spice-html5 is pulled from epel7 was never part of RDO. Not used in TripleO.

>         "opendaylight",          # Missing opendaylight repo
>         "ovsdpdk",               # Not supported on CentOS
>         "sensu-base",            # Missing sensu package

See Matthias reply.

>         "tgtd",                  # Not supported on CentOS 8

tgtd was replace by scsi-target-utils. It's was never provided in RDO, in
kolla was pulled from epel for 7