[rdo-dev] [rdo-users] Status of RDO Trunk Ussuri on CentOS 7 and transition to CentOS 8

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Thu Feb 20 22:26:45 UTC 2020

> So in this case I'm asking for the first instance of such an
> exception. Could the cent7 Glance container be updated to have a newer
> version of Glance containing this change [2].
>
> [1] https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:glance-multistore
> [2] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/705229/

In this specific case, it might work, please propose update of the
Glance pin in rdoinfo tags/ussuri-uc.yml
Glance was pinned in https://review.rdoproject.org/r/24257 with the
link to an upstream commit which maybe broke py2 at that time but
upstream py2 compatibility seems to have been fixed in the meantime,
latest centos7-master-head trunk build worked:
https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos7-master-head/24/56/2456c7d0000e8e3900e5812a820bbc31bc4d1cf1_44422ac3/rpmbuild.log

This will not work in general and is not sustainable, after upstream
drops py2 test coverage, py2 incompatibility can be introduced at any
time!

Cheers,
Alan