[rdo-dev] Backporting issue on stein (cinder-tempest-plugin)

Luigi Toscano ltoscano at redhat.com
Mon Feb 10 12:36:53 UTC 2020

Hi,

I was trying to tag cinder-tempest-plugin to 0.3.1 to stein, because it
contains an important fix which allows tests to be executed on deployments
with only Volume API v3 (without v2).

Unfortunately I hit a chicken-and-egg: if I try to simply bump the package in
rdoinfo, I get an error: https://review.rdoproject.org/r/#/c/24808/

There is a fix to account for changed structure of the newer versions of
cinder-tempest-plugin, but of course I can't backport it without having a
newer tarball at the same time: https://review.rdoproject.org/r/#/c/24854/

I'm not sure on how to proceed; should I try to create a patch which works for
both the old and the new tarball (which may be hard, not sure), bump the
version, and then remove the workarounds, or is there another solution?

Ciao
--
Luigi