[rdo-dev] [tripleo] missing centos-8 rpms for kolla builds

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Mon Feb 3 07:30:54 UTC 2020

One comment inline,

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 8:21 PM Alfredo Moralejo Alonso <amoralej at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We were given access to CBS to build centos8 dependencies a couple of days
> ago and we are still in the process of re-bootstraping it. I hope we'll
> have all that is missing in the next days.
>
> See my comments below.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Alfredo
>

> On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 7:21 PM Wesley Hayutin <whayutin at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I know the ceph repo is in progress.
>> TripleO / RDO is not releasing opendaylight
>>
>> Can the RDO team comment on the rest of the missing packages here please?
>>
>> Thank you!!
>>
>> https://review.opendev.org/#/c/699414/9/kolla/image/build.py
>>
>>  NOTE(mgoddard): Mark images with missing dependencies as unbuildable for
>>     # CentOS 8.
>>     'centos8': {
>>         "barbican-api",          # Missing uwsgi-plugin-python3
>>
> We'll take care of uwsgi.
>
>>         "ceph-base",             # Missing Ceph repo
>>         "cinder-base",           # Missing Ceph repo
>>         "collectd",              # Missing collectd-ping and
>>                                  # collectd-sensubility packages
>>
> About collectd and sensu, Matthias already replied from OpsTools side
>
>>         "elasticsearch",         # Missing elasticsearch repo
>>         "etcd",                  # Missing etcd package
>>
> Given that etcd is not longer in CentOS base (it was in 7), I guess we'll
> take care of etcd unless some other sig is building it as part of k8s
> family.
>
>>         "fluentd",               # Missing td-agent repo
>>
> See Matthias reply.
>
>>         "glance-base",           # Missing Ceph repo
>>         "gnocchi-base",          # Missing Ceph repo
>>         "hacluster-base",        # Missing hacluster repo
>>

> That's an alternative repo for HA related packages for CentOS:
>

> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/ha-clustering:/Stable/CentOS_CentOS-7/
>
> Which still does not provide packages for centos8.
>
> Note that centos8.1 includes pacemaker, corosync and pcs in
> HighAvailability repo. Maybe it could be used instead of the current one.
>

>>         "ironic-conductor",      # Missing shellinabox package
>>

> shellinabox is epel. It was never used in tripleo containers, it's really
> required?

It's a part of an optional ironic feature. TripleO doesn't use it by
default [1] so probably fine to remove. However, there may be people using
it outside of RH products.

[1]
https://opendev.org/openstack/tripleo-heat-templates/src/branch/master/deployment/ironic/ironic-conductor-container-puppet.yaml#L125