[rdo-dev] RDO packaging for CentOS-Stream

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Tue Aug 25 23:29:36 UTC 2020

> and unable to benefit from the effects of having the
> Fedora community involved in supporting many of the components that
> OpenStack relies on.

We did not see the benefit, instead we ended up with lots of new
packages added by our team members.
We still do keep OpenStack clients maintained in Fedora and that
requires keeping lots deps up to date by us, see what all python-*
ended up owned by openstack-sig group [1]
Trouble with OpenStack services is that they integrate lots of system
services, python3 was a minor part of RHEL7 to RHEL8 conversion, for
TripleO I think most painful change was from docker to podman.

Cheers,
Alan

[1] https://src.fedoraproject.org/group/openstack-sig