[rdo-dev] Any ETA for getting RDO kibana back online?

Javier Pena jpena at redhat.com
Tue Sep 24 08:48:17 UTC 2019

> RDO Kibaba, which was supposed to provide the similar log search experience
> as upstream http://logstash.openstack.org went down a long time ago, I
> reported it again on 18th on irc but got no replies.
>
> https://review.rdoproject.org/analytics/app/kibana
>
> As ruck/rover the ability to investigate when and how often specific errors
> appeared is key.

Hi Sorin,

The elk instance has some memory pressure errors, and elasticsearch was getting OOM'ed. I have resized the instance to give it more RAM (16 GB vs 8) and swap, so we hope it will get under control now.

> Is there an issue tracker ticket that we can follow regarding this? -- using
> irc is not really what i would call traceable.

You can use our Taiga board to track issues: https://tree.taiga.io/project/morucci-software-factory/issues?q=

Regards,
Javier