[rdo-dev] Build Rdo Train in RHEL 8 on LinuxONE

Shi Lin Huang shilin.huang at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Oct 18 03:24:41 UTC 2019

Hi,

Last week I asked RDO related question in CentOS-devel mail list, you
can see the question from bottom link [1]. Thanks for Alfredo kindly
help.

After we do some POC to build packages in link [2] , I still have some
questions:

1. We want contribute to RDO community, let RDO add s390x architecture
build. As there is no CentOS s390x architecture build in CentOS
repositories, we can only build and test RDO packages in RHEL, Is it
possiable we add RDO s390x  build without CentOS s390x architecture
build? Build CentOS might need much more effort and time.

2. I'm trying building RDO Train packages in [2] in RHEL 8 on LinuxONE,
seems there are some package missing, such as python-d2to1. Should I
switch to build RDO Train in RHEL 7 as the start step, wait until RDO
train for CentOS 8 is ready?

3. For RDO Train on RHEL 8, can I expect python 3 is the default Python
interpreter for all OpenStack packages and dependecy packages?

Thank you.

[1]
https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2019-October/017948.html
[2] https://trunk.rdoproject.org/rhel8-master/