[rdo-dev] [infra][tripleoci] ppc64le container images in registry.rdoproject.org

Javier Pena jpena at redhat.com
Thu Mar 21 15:46:05 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Over the last few weeks, mjturek and baha have been busy working on a set of periodic jobs to build TripleO images for the ppc64le arch [1].

The current missing step is publishing those images, and they are proposing to push those to the RDO Registry instance at registry.rdoproject.org, just like we do with our TripleO images. I have tried to understand the requirements, and would like to get input on the following topics:

- Which namespace would these images use? Based on some logs [2] it looks like they use tripleomaster-ppc64le, will they also push the images to that namespace?
- Could this create any conflicts with our current promotion pipeline?
- Is registry.rdo the right place for those images? I'm not familiar with the next steps for ppc64le images after that (will it then go through a promotion pipeline?), so that might affect.

If we decide to upload the images to images.rdo, we'll need to do the following:

- Create the tripleomaster-ppc64le namespace in registry.rdo, following a similar pattern to [3].
- Schedule a short registry downtime to increase its disk space, since it is currently near its limit.
- Update the job at ci.centos to include the REGISTRY_PASSWORD environment variable with the right token (see [4]). This is missing today, and causing the job failure.

Once we get input from all interested parties, we will decide on the next steps.

Thanks,
Javier

[1] - https://ci.centos.org/job/tripleo-upstream-containers-build-master-ppc64le/
[2] - https://centos.logs.rdoproject.org/tripleo-upstream-containers-build-master-ppc64le/422/logs/logs/000_FAILED_tripleoclient.log