[rdo-dev] [infra][tripleo-ci] Disk space usage in logs.rdoproject.org

Wesley Hayutin whayutin at redhat.com
Thu Jun 13 14:44:42 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 8:22 AM Javier Pena <jpena at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> For the last few days, I have been monitoring a spike in disk space
> utilization for logs.rdoproject.org. The current situation is:
>
> - 94% of space used, with less than 140GB out of 2TB available.
> - The log pruning script has been reclaiming less space than we are using
> for new logs during this week.
> - I expect the situation to improve over the weekend, but we're definitely
> running out of space.
>
> I have looked at a random job (https://review.opendev.org/639324, patch
> set 26), and found that each run is consuming 1.2 GB of disk space in logs.
> The worst offenders I have found are:
>
> - atop.bin.gz files (one per job, 8 jobs per recheck), ranging between 15
> and 40 MB each
> - logs/undercloud/home/zuul/tempest/.stackviz directory on
> tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-3ctlr_1comp-featureset001 jobs, which is a
> virtualenv eating up 81 MB.

Can we sync up w/ how you are calculating these results as they do not
match our results.
I see each job consuming about 215M of space, we are close on stackviz
being 83M. Oddly I don't see atop.bin.gz in our calculations so I'll have
to look into that.

Each job reports the size of the logs e.g. [1]
http://logs.rdoproject.org/24/639324/26/openstack-check/tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-3ctlr_1comp-featureset001-stein-branch/9ade834/logs/quickstart_files/log-size.txt