[rdo-dev] RDO for LinuxONE

Shi Lin Huang shilin.huang at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Dec 31 05:57:37 UTC 2019

Hi,

Happy New Year!

Now we are able to run OpenStack Train version on RHEL 8 on LinuxONE.
These are what we've archived:
1. We can use PackStack to install/deploy OpenStack on LinuxONE, we
tested all-in-one mode and multipul compute nodes mode.
2. We've run basic OpenStack test cases. We've test Keystone, Glance,
Nova, Neutron, Heat, Horizon, Placement, Ceilometer etc.
3. We will continue to build new packages once RDO Train(for rhel8) has
packages update

As a follow-up of this topic [1], and we want to contribute those
LinuxONE packages to RDO community, we have some questions need
community help:
1. Is there a server we can upload those packages for LinuxONE? E.g, use
this repo as a experimental repo for LinuxONE.
2. Now we run test with Packstack on RHEL8 manually, if we want to make
RDO support LinuxONE officially, is CI system a requiment?

Thank you.

[1]. https://lists.rdoproject.org/pipermail/dev/2019-October/009167.html

--
Shi Lin, Huang