[rdo-dev] Status of RDO Stein GA preparation and current blockers

Alfredo Moralejo Alonso amoralej at redhat.com
Tue Apr 9 15:24:38 UTC 2019

Hi,

Given that we'll have Stein GA released upstream very soon (probably
tomorrow), I'm summarizing the status of RDO preparation for this new
release:

- We have builds for all OpenStack services and other packages needed to
pass all puppet-openstack-integration and packstack scenarios including
final ones or latest RCs depending on the release model.

- For TripleO packages (which are cycle-trailing), we will package and
release RC tags as they are created using openstack/releases project.

- We are still working to validate Ceph Nautilus (14.2.0) builds both using
TripleO and puppet-openstack-integration. We are currently hitting some
issues:
  * For TripleO deployment, a fix is needed in ceph-ansible to fix mon
hosts parameter.
  * puppet-ceph need some fixes to support Nautilus [1]. While testing it
we have found a problem in radosgw when working in chunked uploads
impacting glance.

One of the goals of RDO Stein is to support and default to Ceph Nautilus on
GA, so I consider all issues related to it as blockers for publishing RDO
Stein GA to the CentOS official repos. We are actively working to get these
issues properly fixed but given that we'll need fixes in different upstream
projects and coordination between StorageSIG and CloudSIG to avoid breaking
upstream CI jobs I expect we will need some additional time after upstream
GA to get it done.

For anyone interested in testing RDO Stein packages, remember that you can
use testing repository [2] or RDO Trunk repos [3] until hey are officially
published on CentOS mirrors.

Best regards,

Alfredo

[1]