[rdo-dev] Bringing OpenStack back to Fedora
ngompa13 at gmail.com
Fri May 25 13:04:50 UTC 2018
It's been several years since OpenStack has been part of the Fedora
distribution. Since then, a number of things have changed.
Some of the major ones:
* Python packaging has gotten better and easier in Fedora (the changes are
* RDO now has Software Factory and full-range CI capabilities
* Fedora has CI hook support for packaging (with the transition to Pagure
* OpenStack and Fedora schedules line up again:
In my view, it's a huge shame that we don't offer OpenStack for people to
use on Fedora, integrated with the latest software. OpenStack distribution
on other distros are able to pull this off, and I feel like we should be
able to as well.
So what I want to know is the following:
* What are the (real or perceived) difficulties in packaging OpenStack for
* How difficult would it be to adapt RDO CI tooling to plug into Fedora
* How many of the underlying dependencies exist in Fedora today that were
forked into CentOS for RDO and which ones?
* What dependencies are in RDO that don't exist in Fedora?
I'm willing to help with a lot of the packaging stuff, including adapting
packages for Fedora, and helping with reviews to bring stuff back in. I
firmly believe that maintenance of OpenStack in Fedora should be far easier
than it was three years ago, when it was ripped out.
So help me... Help you!
真実はいつも一つ！/ Always, there's only one truth!
More information about the dev