[rdo-dev] [tripleo] cannot configure host kernel-args for pci passthrough with first-boot

Samuel Monderer smonderer at vasonanetworks.com
Tue May 22 06:15:28 UTC 2018

Hi,

We found the cause of the problem.
We forgot the following in the first-boot.yaml
outputs: # This means get_resource from the parent template will get the
userdata, see: #
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/heat/template_guide/composition.html#making-your-template-resource-more-transparent
# Note this is new-for-kilo, an alternative is returning a value then using
# get_attr in the parent template instead. OS::stack_id: value:
{get_resource: userdata}

Samuel