[rdo-dev] [ppc64le] Spinning up Triple O container jobs

Michael Turek mjturek at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri May 11 17:36:10 UTC 2018

Hey David,

Replies inline

On 5/11/18 12:57 PM, David Moreau Simard wrote:
> Michael,
>
> The cloud from which Duffy provides virtual machines is not publicly
> available, this means we cannot leverage it with Nodepool or Zuul.
Fair enough! I guess the alternative is to get Power nodes into the RDO
cloud? Any other ideas?

> We have some tooling to request [1][2] and destroy [3][4] Duffy nodes.
> Do you really need a custom image or would requesting a "vanilla"
> ppc64le node from Duffy be enough ?
Not sure about this. The image used for container builds on x86_64
(upstream-centos-7) seems to use quite a few elements [0]. I'm not clear
on why each of them are required, but I would assume a power node would
need an image built with these elements as well.