[rdo-dev] Changing name in rdoproject docker registry for release namespaces

Sagi Shnaidman sshnaidm at redhat.com
Wed Mar 28 17:18:59 UTC 2018

Hi,
historically we have different namespaces for releases in docker.io and
trunk.rdoproject.org registries, for example:

trunk.registry.rdoproject.org/pike/centos-binary-nova-api:fc8ded09c37a2e258dac7f2103b5b9406be5502e_758ddb1e

docker.io/tripleopike/centos-binary-aodh-api:fc8ded09c37a2e258dac7f2103b5b9406be5502e_758ddb1e

in rdoproject the namespace is "pike", but in docker.io is "tripleopike".
This creates a mess in our configuration files when setting release for
upgrades job. Having the same namespace - tripleo(release) like in docker.io
would simplify configuration and stop confusing people which namespace to
use today.

Please comment if you have any objections.

Patch for promotion scripts: https://review.rdoproject.org/r/13128
Patch for tripleo-ci: https://review.openstack.org/557444

Thanks
--