[rdo-dev] proposal to alert #rdo w/ issues from launchpad

David Moreau Simard dmsimard at redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 16:52:20 UTC 2018

+1, we have been trying to keep #rdo bot-spam free as much as possible.

I'm not personally a fan of the bot spam in #tripleo and #rhos-dev (the one
there in #rhos-dev is
​actually ​
quite obnoxious, actually, but that's another topic).

If we are going to want something like this, I would
​ tend to​
formalize the #rdo-infra channel.
I think it would make sense...

For example, the config repo notifications would be sent there as well as
monitoring alerts.
We'd get rid of #rdo-dev because
​it was never meant to be a thing. The development of RDO happens on #rdo.​
I think we created #rdo-dev back when we implemented the monitoring and
it's main purpose was just to not spam #rdo.

I could see the implementation of Wes' suggestion being a proper monitoring
check just like the others that we have [1].
This would allow us to control the way the notifications behave, amongst
other things.

I'm happy to point folks in the right direction to make this happen,
everything is under code review and integration tested.

[1]:
https://github.com/rdo-infra/rdo-infra-playbooks/tree/master/roles/rdo-infra/sensu-client/files

David Moreau Simard

dmsimard = [irc, github, twitter]