[rdo-dev] zuulv3 migration update

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Fri Jun 29 02:16:02 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 03:33:20PM -0400, Paul Belanger wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 01:00:14PM -0400, Paul Belanger wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Wanted to give an update to the zuulv3 migration process. As it stands right
> > now, all projects specific to the rdoproject.org have been fully migrated from
> > jenkins to zuulv3.  Hopefully this process was transparent to you, for the most
> > part we were able to fully test everything before flipping the switch on a
> > project.  However we did have a few issues with jobs, but thanks to jpena,
> > amoralej and number80, to name a few, we managed to land fixes quickly.
> >
> > At this point, we are still waiting to complete the migration of tripleo-ci
> > jobs, this include OVB and various 3rd party CI jobs.  We've been blocked by a
> > nodepool migration of upstream-centos-7 nodes, but I'm told that will be
> > finished today.  Meaning, we are aiming for Monday morning to flip the switch on
> > the rest of the tripleo-ci specific projects.
> >
> > Due to this, we are still converting JJB changes into ansible playbooks using
> > the zuul-migrate command, so I please hold of on moving forward with changes to
> > the new rdo-jobs project.  If everything goes well on Monday, we'll remove the
> > freeze on config / rdo-jobs for people to start contributing to again.
> >
> > Thanks for your patience during these last 3 weeks, and hopefully we'll be
> > wrapped up Monday.  If you have any questions or problems, please reply here or
> > #rdo on freenode.
> >
> Next update, today we successfully tested zuulv3 base jobs for devstack based
> tripleo jobs.  This basically means we are ready to migrate the remaining
> tripleo in rdoproject.org from jenkins to zuulv3. We still need to test OVB
> jobs, but confident they will work.
>
> Nodepool capacity has been addressed however we are running into scale issues
> with zuulv3 now. We have an IRC message out to the SoftwareFactory team to see
> about bringing onlne more zuul-executors / zuul-mergers, hopefully this will not
> take long.  Once that happens, I finally think we'll be ready to migrate the
> left over tripleo jobs from jenkins to zuulv3.

Hopefully the last update before we make zuul migration complete.

We've been able to validate tripleo OVB jobs are working correctly under zuulv3.
Since it is now Friday, we won't migrate them from jenkins until early next
week.

Thanks again for the patience and look forward to sending the all clear next
week.

- Paul