[rdo-dev] Zuulv3 migration June 20th 2018

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Mon Jun 18 15:39:17 UTC 2018

Greetings,

This coming Wednesday (13:00 UTC) we'll be mass migrating the remaining
projects on review.rdoproject.org to Zuulv3. If you haven't need watching, over
the last 2 weeks we've migrated a fair bit of the projects to zuulv3.  So why
are we mass migrating the rest? To be honest, it is to cut down on the split
brain CI system we are running.

Right now, we are still doing changes to JJB, then running our migration script
to generate ansible playbooks for zuulv3 jobs. While this works, it isn't very
practical.  On Wednesday, we'll run zuul-migrate on last time, get the latest
versions of playbooks, then flip the switch to cut all projects to zuulv3. We'll
then delete the JJB directory and iterate forward on playbooks.

Be warned, there is going to be some breakage. One example is
disgit-cbs-validate builds, which we are working on now to be zuulv3 compatible.
However, we do plan to have developers on hand from RDO and tripleo-ci to help
fix any jobs that do become broken.

If you have any questions, please let us know, and we'll also appreciate your
patience this coming week while we finish the migration. Once over this initial
bump, things will be much better!

Thanks,
Paul