[rdo-dev] openstack-newton rpm packages unavailable now

Tobias Urdin tobias.urdin at crystone.com
Thu Jun 7 09:17:52 UTC 2018

I'm not talking about quality, security or basically nothing in between
either.
Just the plain annoyance when packages are removed from mirrors.

Lets just pretend for a while you're new at a job, and the most common
thing is you inherit old setups.

On that day you inherit an old OpenStack setup, on an old version, and
the next version
to upgrade does not exist in mirrors so you have no packages, and you
cannot jump any more forward
without a lot of work.

We all know and have agreed in the community surveys so many times that
upgrades are are hard.
Well just let me end it with, I don't envy a person being in that
situation...

Best regards