[rdo-dev] Status of python3 PoC in RDO - 13-jul-2018

Alfredo Moralejo Alonso amoralej at redhat.com
Fri Jul 13 10:40:37 UTC 2018

Hi,

A new update about the status of python3 PoC as of today:

1. Python3 packages for keystone and glance have been added to
rpm-packaging project and are available in RDO Trunk repo for fedora stable.
2. rdo-fedora-stable image is available in https://softwarefactory-
project.io nodepool to run python3 related jobs in zuulv3.
3. Changes in puppet modules and puppet-openstack-integration are merged to
create a scenario to test only python3 enabled services on fedora.
4. A third party job has been created in softwarefactory zuul to run the
python3 only scenario on fedora which is executed for upstream reviews on
p-o-i, puppet-glance and puppet-keystone.
5. tripleo-common has been added to the fedora-stable DLRN builder.
6. There is a WIP review to in kolla to build containers based on fedora
using the python3 packages in https://review.openstack.org/#/c/582290/

With last tasks, RDO part in the PoC for Rocky cycle is mostly done (there
are some missing improvements related to promotion of fedora-stable repo
which we are still working on).

Details about the tasks are in python3 trello tracker card
https://trello.com/c/ReowuP4z/105-python3

I'd like to arrange a retrospective for this PoC in a couple of weeks.
Please, let me know if you are interested in participating on it.

Please, let me know if you have any question about it.

Best regards,

Alfredo