[rdo-dev] State of distgit jobs for rdoproject

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Tue Jul 3 21:42:09 UTC 2018

> With the zuulv3 migration wrapping up, I wanted to start a thread about projects
> that use the package-distgit-check-jobs template. These are projects like:
>
>   openstack/cloudkittyclient-distgit
>
> I wanted to raise the idea of maybe pushing these projects directly upstream into
> git.openstack.org. The main reason would be to leverage the upstream testing
> infrastructure upstream, and maybe increase adoption of rpm with other
> openstack teams. It is also one less this we as RDO have to manage on our own.

> From a governance POV these could be under an rdoproject team, tripleo or some
> other.

Ideally we would not have one core team but keep them synced with
maintainers listed in rdoinfo,
how could that work with distgit in review.o.o ?
In review.rdo we're using SF resource manager to create gerrit ACL, is
that manual operation in openstack gerrit?

> To me the main question is around publishing of RPM and DLRN. Given secrets are
> now part of zuulv3, is there any external services running that we'd need to
> worry about?  Could the publishing process be run from openstack-infra service?

I would not be comfortable putting CBS Koji certs in openstack-infra.
Could we instead trigger CBS Koji builds via 3rd party CI in review.rdo ?

Cheers,
Alan