[rdo-dev] [CI] tripleo support for Fedora

Neal Gompa ngompa13 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 22:27:25 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 1:32 PM, Phill. Whiteside <phillwuk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> from chatting to a guy who does work with fedora and supports bugs etc. His
> advice is that because of the fast cycle of fedora releases, they are not
> suitable for production machines. As such, I'd concur with sticking with
> RHEL / CentOS.

By that logic, you'd avoid OpenStack too, since they follow almost
exactly the same schedule and cadence. In general, I've been rather disappointed
about the lack of effort in testing OpenStack on top of Fedora, as
Fedora is the *upstream* of RHEL/CentOS, and there's no good reason
for not doing it.

I would not be surprised if RDO OpenStack is not going to be ready for
Python 3 because there's no work going on to at least build against
Fedora. And that has nasty trickle-down effects...