[rdo-dev] [CI] tripleo support for Fedora

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Fri Jan 12 17:27:22 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 4:28 PM, Wesley Hayutin <whayutin at redhat.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> A bug [1] was raised in launchpad and I wanted to get the communities input
> on it.   The background is that atm we only CI TripleO with CentOS and RHEL
> and have documented these two distributions are the ONLY two that have
> community support [2].
>
> Using RDO-Cloud we now have the ability to CI with Fedora.  So the question
> is that something that has enough demand and do we have the resources to CI
> it and provide community support?
>
> Let me know what you think.

I think it's important to be specific here - AFAICS the bug is asking
for *tripleo-quickstart* support of Fedora "at least as the primary
hypervisor", not necessarily for all of TripleO to support Fedora?

I think quickstart support of Fedora as the test node/hypervisor is
desirable (FWIW I used to test like this regularly back when
instack-virt-setup was supported and it worked fine).

Personally I don't think we have the resources (or demand) to support
all of TripleO on Fedora at this point - I think we already have
enough pending work improving our stability and test coverage just on
CentOS in upstream CI.

Thanks,

Steve